A passport and visa may be required for your upcoming trip. Click here for the latest information to ensure you have all the necessary documents in place.
Waiver of visa on arrival charges for travelling to Thailand
From Nov 15, 2018 until Jan 13, 2019, guests travelling from India and Saudi Arabia, who are residents of either country, can enjoy visa on arrival at no cost for a period of 15 days from the day of arrival.
Introducing the Global Entry Program for guests flying to/from United States with Air France and KLM
Indian Nationals flying to/from the United States with our partners Air France and KLM can avail the Global Entry Program – one of the most trusted travel programs of the United States. This program will help guests expedite processing through Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at airports.
How it works?
- Guest registers for the Global Entry program by clicking here
- Guest provides their travel agent with the 9-digit Pass ID received during registration
- Guest prints his boarding pass that includes the TSA (Travel Security Administration) Indicator
- Upon arrival to/exit from the United States, guest inserts passport in the kiosk, provides his fingerprint and proceeds in/out of immigration
The Global Entry Program provides guests entry into and exit from the United States faster than ever before. With no airport lines and no need to see an immigration officer, it is an extremely convenient solution for all our guests flying to over 200 airports in the United States with Air France and KLM.
Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals into Hong Kong
As per the directive from the Hong Kong Government Immigration Department, effective Jan 23, 2017, Indian nationals must apply for and successfully complete online pre-arrival registration before they can continue to avail of the 14-day visa-free visit or enter Hong Kong during transit (except in direct transit by air and not leaving the airport transit area).
Effective Mar 28, 2018, the notification slip for pre-arrival registration for Indian National is revised. The new version includes a QR code that enables the notification slip to be validated by the Hong Kong Immigration Department. This will automate the immigration procedure and help enhance the travel experience of our guest.
- The guest (who is an Indian national) would be required to complete the “Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals” online.
- Each pre-arrival registration will be valid for six months or until the expiry of the Indian passport linked to it, whichever is earlier.
- Provided that normal immigration requirements are met and during the validity of the pre-arrival registration, guests would be required to use a valid notification slip together with the valid Indian passport to make multiple visits to Hong Kong visa-free.
- On each visit, a registrant may stay in Hong Kong for up to 14 days.
- In case pre-arrival registration is unsuccessful or the guest wishes to stay for more than 14b days, the guest shall apply to the Immigration Department directly for an entry visa if they intend to visit Hong Kong.
- Details of Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals can be found at the Immigration Department's website.
Indian nationals must present the printout of the computer generated notification slip at Jet Airways check-in counters. Without this notification slip, guests will not be accepted to travel.
Exceptions: The following categories of Indian nationals can visit Hong Kong without Pre Arrival Registration:
- Those who have successfully enrolled for the e-Channel service for frequent visitors.
- Holders of valid Indian diplomatic or official passports.
- Holders of United Nations Laissez Passer coming to the HKSAR or transiting the HKSAR to/from a third place for official United Nations business.
- Holders of a valid HKSAR Travel Pass.
- Those who have obtained a valid entry visa for the HKSAR.
- Pre-arrival registration is not required for Indian nationals in direct transit by air and not leaving the airport transit area.
- Indian nationals who are a member of operating aircrew or operating seacrew on board vessels, or a contract seaman may also visit Hong Kong without pre-arrival registration, subject to normal immigration requirements being met.
Application of visa in advance made compulsory for guests travelling to Oman
Effective March 21, 2018, the facility of visa on arrival for guests travelling from 68 countries to Oman will be discounted. All guests traveling to Oman will be required to apply for visa in advance via online application. For more information on the application process, click here.
United States of America Immigration and Custom Preclearance at Abu Dhabi International Airport
The United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facility at Terminal 3 in Abu Dhabi Airport is a purpose-built facility that allows U.S. bound guests to undertake all immigration, customs and agriculture inspections in Abu Dhabi prior to departure.
Guests traveling on codeshare / interline flights on Etihad Airways to New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Dallas and Los Angeles from Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kochi, Hyderabad, Lucknow and Goa can avail of the CBP facility at Abu Dhabi Airport.
Abu Dhabi Airport is one of only a handful of airports outside North America that offers the CBP facility. Having cleared CBP, guests can check-in their baggage through to their final destination in the United States. On reaching the United States, guests will be treated as domestic arrivals, which allows for faster processing at their arrival airport and permits shorter connection times for the onward flights.
Key tips for travel to United Kingdom
With the May half-term holidays fast approaching, you can expect longer queues at Heathrow Airport, London. To help make your experience as smooth as possible, here are 2 toolkits that will help improve your travel experience:
e-Tourist Visa for travel to India
The Government of India is offering e-Tourist visas for nationals (passport holders) of the following countries
- Applicable only for guests visiting India for tourism, medical purposes or a short business trip and holding a return ticket or onward journey ticket.
- Applicants must hold an individual passport with at least two blank pages and a minimum 6 months validity from the date of arrival into India.
- Not applicable for Diplomatic / Official passport holders.
- Not applicable for International Travel Document holders.
* All guests travelling under the e-Tourtist Visa (eTV) scheme for UK nationals travelling to India, must carry a printed copy of the approved eTV for verification at the check-in counter prior to boarding.
For further information and instructions, please click here
Visa on arrival to United Arab Emirates
Guests who are Indian nationals and have a valid US visa or Green card can now enjoy visa on arrival valid for 14 days when they arrive in United Arab Emirates from India or United States.
The Indian national’s US visa/Green card and passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months. The visa on arrival’s issuance fee will be AED 120, payable in cash or card at the Marhaba counter located on the left of the Arrival Immigration counters. The extension fee for the visa is AED 250. If the guest is late for applying the extension, the violation fee is AED 100 per day.
Guests travelling from Singapore
It is mandatory to acquire a Singapore visa, even for transit guests. Jet Airways provides its guests with an interline facility and transfer check-in with Jetstar Asia (3K) and Value Air (VF) where they can be through checked-in and can connect to these airlines without holding a Singapore visa.
Restricted Area Permit - for travel to Andaman Islands
Guests visiting the Andaman & Nicobar Islands who are not Indian citizens are required to apply for a Restricted Area Permit (RAP), which can be obtained on arrival at Port Blair. Please note that the following guests will not be issued a Restricted Area Permit (RAP) without prior approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs:
- Foreign diplomats
- Members of the United Nations
- Diplomatic/official passport holders belonging to international organisations
- Foreign nationals of Pakistani origin
- Journalists, researchers & conference attendees holding a valid visa
- Citizens of Afghanistan, China & Pakistan
Application of non-sponsored Tourist Visa to Oman
Guests who are Indian, Chinese or Russian nationals residing in the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom and the Schengen states or holding an entry visa to these countries are now granted non-sponsored tourist visas to Oman.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months, must have a return ticket and a confirmed hotel reservation in order to be granted a visa.
- The visa shall be granted for a period of one month against a fee of OMR 20.
- The applicant must provide his/her residence or a valid visa of these countries while filling in the application.
- The visa can be availed by the spouse and children of the visa holder as long as they are accompanying him/her, even if they do not hold a visa from these countries.
- The authority may prohibit the applicants who meet the terms and conditions for obtaining a visa if the public interest so requires.
- Any applicant who breaches the regulations will be black listed and prohibited from entering the Sultanate of Oman and will be compelled to pay fines in accordance with the terms and provisions of the Foreigners’ Residence Law and the Executive Regulations thereof.
Immigration entry requirements for the United States of America
With effect from 16-Mar-17, and as per new executive order issued by the President of the United States of America, new immigration entry requirements for the United States of America are in place affecting the nationals of the following countries:
For 90 days starting 16-Mar-17, nationals from these countries may not be allowed to travel to the United States of America if they:
- were outside of the United States of America on 16-Mar-17;
- did not have a valid visa at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on 27-Jan-17; and
- do not have a valid visa on 16-Mar-17.
This suspension does not apply to:
- Any lawful permanent resident of the United States of America (i.e. a “Green Card” holder);
- Any foreign national who is admitted to or paroled into the United States of America on or after the effective date (16-Mar-17);
- Any foreign national who has a document other than a visa, valid on 16-Mar-17 or issued on any date thereafter, that permits him or her to travel to the United States of America and seek entry or admission, such as an advance parole document;
- Any dual national of a country designated when the individual is traveling on a passport issued by a non-designated country;
- Any foreign national traveling on a diplomatic or diplomatic-type visa, NATO visa, C-2 visa for travel to the United Nations, or G-1, G-2, G-3, or G-4 visa;
- Any foreign national who has been granted asylum, any refugee who has already been admitted to the United States of America, or any individual who has been granted withholding of remove, advance parole, or protection under the Convention Against Torture; or
- Any lawful Canadian Permanent Residents holding a passport issued by one of the six designated States, provided they are holding a valid visa for the United States of America.
For more information, please visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection site .
Please contact your booking/travel agent should if you require any amendments/changes to your travel arrangements.
Overseas Citizen of India card for guests travelling from the USA
The Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card is a multiple entry, multipurpose lifelong visa for guests visiting India. This card along with a Visa stamped in the passport works as a lifelong visa. Guests travelling to India must carry the OCI card along with the passport that has the OCI stamp. With this card, the guest is entitled to an exemption from registration with the local police authority for a stay of any duration in India.
It is mandatory for a guest to carry their passport with the visa stamp and the OCI card while travelling to India as per the Indian Immigration authorities.
Person of Indian Origin card for guests travelling from the USA
Guests holding a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card do not require a visa to visit India, as long as the PIO card is valid. The PIO card will not be valid without a valid passport. Incase you have acquired a new passport; the passport number has to be endorsed onto the PIO card as advised by the consulate. If the guest has not endorsed the new passport number, then he or she must carry the passport that has the number endorsed on the PIO card.
Guests holding a PIO card are exempted from registration if their stay in India does not exceed 6 months. Should the continuous stay exceed six months, registration will be required within 30 days of expiry of the six months with the concerned Foreigners Registration Officer.
Visa requirements for American and European passport holders
American and European passport holders travelling to Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka do not require a visa for stays less than 30 days. However, if you book a flight transiting between two airports in India, you will need an Indian visa in order to clear the customs and immigration formalities.
The Carrier Liability Act
The Carrier Liability Act does not permit on-arrival visas to all nationalities arriving into Nepal.
As per Nepal Immigration, certain nationalities would require a visa before commencing their journey into Nepal. Below is the list of nationalities that require a visa before arriving into Nepal:
Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) applications may also be submitted on arrival in Sri Lanka, at the ETA counter at the airport. Short term visas issued earlier in the passport will continue to be valid for the validity period, purpose of travel, duration of stay and number of entries specified on the visa. Jet Airways regrets that we are unable to submit applications online on behalf of the visa applicants.
For our Gulf destinations (except Saudi Arabia), visas that are arranged by sponsors are available at the destination. In the absence of the original visa, guests must hold a photocopy of the valid visa.
Guests travelling to Saudi Arabia must have a valid Saudi visa, which will be affixed on the passport. Please remember that this applies to guests travelling to Dammam via Bahrain. Guests holding an Electronic Re-Entry Visa for Saudi Arabia are required to carry a printed copy in English. The Electronic Re-entry visa can be viewed on the Saudi Government website: www.passportevisa.com. Please bear in mind that the above information is subject to change without notice.
The Government Of India now offers Tourist Visas through Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) on arrival to nationals of Cambodia, Finland, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Luxembourg, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore and Vietnam.
The visa-on-arrival will be granted by immigration officers only at Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram airports. Such visas will be applicable for single entry with a maximum validity of 30 days.
Guests departing from France to India must be in possession of a valid visa and a return ticket (or an onward ticket departing India). The passport should be valid at least 6 months beyond the date of return travel. Guests holding one-way tickets will not be allowed to board in Paris.
Guests travelling between France and Nepal will not require an Indian visa if they are transiting in Mumbai (BOM). However an Indian visa is mandatory if the journey contains a second city within India (for example; Kathmandu-Delhi-Mumbai-Paris).
Guests travelling to Nepal are requested to carry identification documents such as a valid voter ID card (original) or a valid passport, while travelling to Nepal. Students under 17 years of age can travel on their official school ID cards.
Documents such as an Aadhar card, PAN Card, Expired Passport, photocopy of a valid passport / voter ID card and driving license, will not be accepted by the immigration authorities at Delhi Airport and Kathmandu Airport.