Preparing for Your Journey
To ensure you enjoy a comfortable and pleasant journey, we suggest you keep in mind the following recommendations.
Before you arrive at the airport
- Limit the list of things to what you may need in the cabin for the duration of the flight.
- Accommodate the liquid contents in the check-in baggage wherever possible
- Perishable items such as fresh or frozen meat, fish, butter etc. must be packed in waterproof sealed containers.
- Prepare the re-sealable bag of liquids before arriving at the airport.
- In case of any queries check with your airport or airline before travelling to the airport.
At the security point
- Be ready to hand over your re-sealable bag of liquids for screening as you approach the security check point. It will be screened along with your cabin baggage.
- All coats and jackets will have to be removed at the time of screening and metal items including wallets will need to be placed in plastic trays and scanned separately.
- If you are carrying a laptop or any other large electrical item within your cabin luggage then have the same ready for separate screening as you approach the security check.
Duty free or departure lounge purchases
- You may take onboard liquid items that are purchased after security check in the Departure lounge, sometimes referred to as 'Airside'.
- Most duty free or similar purchases will be given to you in a special sealed bag.
- Do not open this bag until you have reached your final destination.
- You should always retain your proof of purchase throughout your journey. You may be required to showcase it at all transfer points.
Restrictions apply to duty free purchases made on return journeys where guests change flights at any European Union (EU) airport.
For guests travelling from the United Kingdom to a destination that transits onwards through an Indian gateway, carriage of any liquid above 100 ml is not permitted. This includes all duty free items purchased on board or at any of the airports.