- Enrolment / Registration of kids into the JetPrivilege programme is offered only to JetPrivilege members.
- JetPrivilege membership is open to kids in the age band of 2 – 11 years.
- Enrolment form for kids is available on www.jetairways.com
- Kid’s enrolment is Free of charge.
- The JetPrivilege member enrolling a kid must be a Parent/Legal Guardian of the respective kid.
- The JetPrivilege Programme defines Parent as the biological or adoptive father and/ or mother of a person.
- The JetPrivilege Programme defines Legal Guardian as: “Guardian” means a person having, the care of the person of a minor or of his property or both his persona and property, and includes:
- a natural guardian;
- a guardian appointed by the will of the minor’s father or mother;
- a guardian appointed or declared by a court; and
- a person empowered to act as such by or under any enactment relating to any Court of Wards.
- A kid can be associated with only one parent/Legal guardian’s JetPrivilege account at any given point in time.
- A Parent/Legal Guardian must be 18 years and above to enroll a kid into the JetPrivilege Programme.
- Each JetPrivilege member can enrol up to 5 child/children as a parent/legal Guardian.
- Upon successful enrollment, a kid will be enrolled with contact details of the associated parent/guardian’s JetPrivilege account automatically.
- All communication pertaining to the kid’s JetPrivilege account will be sent to the parent/guardian’s email address recorded in the respective JetPrivilege account.
- In case the Kid has to be associated with new parent/guardian, the JetPrivilege member must request for the same via manual delinking process by presenting legal documents.
- As an exceptional scenario the Kid can be disassociated from existing parent/guardian to be associated with a new parent/guardian with the help of JetPrivilege Service Centre only. The Kid’s JetPrivilege account cannot be disassociated from existing parent/guardian’s JetPrivilege account without associating the Kid with a new parent/guardian.
Accruals / Earnings / Benefits
- Kid’s JetPrivilege account will be earning JPMiles upon all the travels taken on Jet Airways / JetKonnect and all the partner airlines, as per the existing JetPrivilege Programme.
- Tier Upgrade / Retention policies will be applicable for Kids as is, as per the existing JetPrivilege Programme.
- Kids will get rewarded with Tier Points / Tier JPMiles in the kid’s JetPrivilege account for the qualifying flights taken by respective kid on Jet Airways / JetKonnect.
- The JetPrivilege tier of the Kid’s JetPrivilege account will be upgraded / retained / will change basis the Tier Points / Tier JPMiles recorded in the respective JetPrivilege account.
- Basis the tier, only the Kid - himself / herself will be entitled to enjoy the benefits and privileges applicable for the particular elite tier. Such benefits and privileges will not be extended to his / her parent/guardian because of associated Kid’s tier entitlement.
- JetPrivilege members can also avail MyFamily+ programme benefits by linking kids as member/s of the family.
- Only parent/guardian can redeem JPMiles from the kid’s account till the enrolled kid completes 11 years of age
- The parent/guardian can redeem the JPMiles from the kid’s JetPrivilege account for award tickets for travel to be taken by self, any of the member of the MyFamily+ account, other family members or friends.*
*JetPrivilege programme terms and conditions apply
Kid’s JetPrivilege account status upon turning 12
- Post completion of 12 years of age, the kid’s JetPrivilege account will no longer be associated with the parent/guardian’s JetPrivilege account.
- The parent/guardian can no longer redeem JPMiles from the associated kid’s JetPrivilege account.
- An email will be sent to the associated parent/guardian’s registered email id by JetPrivilege, informing them for updating unique contact details in the kid’s JetPrivilege account, who is now 12.
- The parent/guardian must initiate change of credentials upon receiving an email from JetPrivilege as the kid’s JetPrivilege account becomes dormant for redemption until then.
- Enrolled kids who have turned 12 will be able to redeem JPMiles for travel to be undertaken by self, family or friend. All other benefits / features will remain the same.
- Enrolled kids can redeem JPMiles from respective JetPrivilege account for travel to be taken by self, family or friends only upon attainment of age 12, after changing the contact details.
Deceased Parent / Guardian / Enrolled kids
- In the case of event of death of a parent/guardian, the JetPrivilege Service Centre must be informed.
- The existing process of producing death certificate, information of legal heir through affidavit and redemption rights given to legal heir, will be applicable to the JetPrivilege membership accounts associated with MyFamily+ Programme.
- Upon receipt of all relevant valid documents by the JetPrivilege Service Centre, the status of JetPrivilege account of the deceased member will be changed from “Active” to “Deceased”.
- All the associated kid’s JetPrivilege accounts will be dis-associated from the deceased parent/guardian’s JetPrivilege account and will be associated with the new parent/guardian based on the provided legal documents.
- Kid’s JetPrivilege account cannot exist and the kid will forfeit all his / her JPMiles, if kid’s JetPrivilege account of a deceased parent/guardian is not associated with the new parent/guardian’s JetPrivilege account.
- In the event of the death of a kid, the kid’s JetPrivilege account will be dis-associated from the parent/guardian’s account on receipt of all relevant valid documents* by the JetPrivilege Service Centre.
- The kid’s JetPrivilege account status will be updated to “deceased” and the legal parent/guardian will be able to redeem JPMiles from the kid’s JetPrivilege account on submission of the relevant valid documents to JetPrivilege Service Centre. * Valid documents indicate a death certificate of the deceased JetPrivilege member and a legal document stating the legal heir.
- Kids enrolled as JetPrivilege members can be added as Member of Family in the MyFamily+ programme.
- Parent/Legal Guardian and Head of Family can either be the same JetPrivilege Member or two different JetPrivilege members.
- To add the kid as Member of the Family the Head of Family of family needs to follow the addition of family member process as stated in the MyFamily+ programme.
- Once the kid is added to the MyFamily+ account the head of the family will get rights to pool in JPMiles from the kids account.
- Parent/Legal Guardian will also have rights to redeem JPMiles from the Kids account.
- MyFamily+ programme terms and conditions apply.
- While compiling this information, JetPrivilege has endeavored to ensure that all information is correct. However, no guarantee or representation is made to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained here. This information is subject to changes by JetPrivilege without notice.
*JetPrivilege Programme T&C apply