Passport and Visas
A passport and visa may be required for your upcoming trip. Click here for the latest information to ensure you have all the necessary documents in place.
e-Tourist Visa for travel to India
The Government of India is offering e-Tourist visas for nationals (passport holders) of the following countries
- Applicable only for guests visiting India for tourism, medical purposes or a short business trip and holding a return ticket or onward journey ticket.
- Applicants must hold an individual passport with at least two blank pages and a minimum 6 months validity from the date of arrival into India.
- Not applicable for Diplomatic / Official passport holders.
- Not applicable for International Travel Document holders.
* All guests travelling under the e-Tourtist Visa (eTV) scheme for UK nationals travelling to India, must carry a printed copy of the approved eTV for verification at the check-in counter prior to boarding.
For further information and instructions, please click here
Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals into Hong Kong
As per the directive from the Hong Kong Government Immigration Department, effective Jan 23, 2017, Indian nationals must apply for and successfully complete online pre-arrival registration before they can continue to avail of the 14-day visa-free visit or enter Hong Kong during transit (except in direct transit by air and not leaving the airport transit area).
- The guest (who is an Indian national) would be required to complete the “Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals” online.
- Each pre-arrival registration will be valid for six months or until the expiry of the Indian passport linked to it, whichever is earlier.
- Provided that normal immigration requirements are met and during the validity of the pre-arrival registration, guests would be required to use a valid notification slip together with the valid Indian passport to make multiple visits to Hong Kong visa-free.
- On each visit, a registrant may stay in Hong Kong for up to 14 days.
- In case pre-arrival registration is unsuccessful or the guest wishes to stay for more than 14b days, the guest shall apply to the Immigration Department directly for an entry visa if they intend to visit Hong Kong.
- Details of Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals can be found at the Immigration Department's website.
Indian nationals must present the printout of the computer generated notification slip at Jet Airways check-in counters. Without this notification slip, guests will not be accepted to travel.
Exceptions: The following categories of Indian nationals can visit Hong Kong without Pre Arrival Registration:
- Those who have successfully enrolled for the e-Channel service for frequent visitors.
- Holders of valid Indian diplomatic or official passports.
- Holders of United Nations Laissez Passer coming to the HKSAR or transiting the HKSAR to/from a third place for official United Nations business.
- Holders of a valid HKSAR Travel Pass.
- Those who have obtained a valid entry visa for the HKSAR.
- Pre-arrival registration is not required for Indian nationals in direct transit by air and not leaving the airport transit area.
- Indian nationals who are a member of operating aircrew or operating seacrew on board vessels, or a contract seaman may also visit Hong Kong without pre-arrival registration, subject to normal immigration requirements being met.
Guests travelling from Singapore
It is mandatory to acquire a Singapore visa, even for transit guests. Jet Airways provides its guests with an interline facility and transfer check-in with Jetstar Asia (3K) and Value Air (VF) where they can be through checked-in and can connect to these airlines without holding a Singapore visa.
Overseas Citizen of India card for guests travelling from the USA
The Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card is a multiple entry, multipurpose lifelong visa for guests visiting India. This card along with a Visa stamped in the passport works as a lifelong visa. Guests travelling to India must carry the OCI card along with the passport that has the OCI stamp. With this card, the guest is entitled to an exemption from registration with the local police authority for a stay of any duration in India.
It is mandatory for a guest to carry their passport with the visa stamp and the OCI card while travelling to India as per the Indian Immigration authorities.
Person of Indian Origin card for guests travelling from the USA
Guests holding a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card do not require a visa to visit India, as long as the PIO card is valid. The PIO card will not be valid without a valid passport. Incase you have acquired a new passport; the passport number has to be endorsed onto the PIO card as advised by the consulate. If the guest has not endorsed the new passport number, then he or she must carry the passport that has the number endorsed on the PIO card.
Guests holding a PIO card are exempted from registration if their stay in India does not exceed 6 months. Should the continuous stay exceed six months, registration will be required within 30 days of expiry of the six months with the concerned Foreigners Registration Officer.
Visa requirements for American and European passport holders
American and European passport holders travelling to Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka do not require a visa for stays less than 30 days. However, if you book a flight transiting between two airports in India, you will need an Indian visa in order to clear the customs and immigration formalities.
The Carrier Liability Act
The Carrier Liability Act does not permit on-arrival visas to all nationalities arriving into Nepal.
As per Nepal Immigration, certain nationalities would require a visa before commencing their journey into Nepal. Below is the list of nationalities that require a visa before arriving into Nepal:
Electronic Travel Authorization system for travel to Sri Lanka
Short-term visas for travel to Sri Lanka will be granted online at www.eta.gov.lk, for a fee. Once the application is approved, visa applicants will receive an Approval Notice, a printed copy of which should be carried when travelling. In addition to the Approval Notice, guests must also have a passport of validity of at least 6 months beyond the period of intended stay, confirmed return/onward tickets, travel documents valid for the next destination or return and sufficient funds for their stay. More details of the application process, fees and credit cards accepted can be found at www.eta.gov.lk
Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) applications may also be submitted on arrival in Sri Lanka, at the ETA counter at the airport. Short term visas issued earlier in the passport will continue to be valid for the validity period, purpose of travel, duration of stay and number of entries specified on the visa. Jet Airways regrets that we are unable to submit applications online on behalf of the visa applicants.
Visa guidelines for the Gulf
For our Gulf destinations (except Saudi Arabia), visas that are arranged by sponsors are available at the destination. In the absence of the original visa, guests must hold a photocopy of the valid visa.
Guests travelling to Saudi Arabia must have a valid Saudi visa, which will be affixed on the passport. Please remember that this applies to guests travelling to Dammam via Bahrain. Guests holding an Electronic Re-Entry Visa for Saudi Arabia are required to carry a printed copy in English. The Electronic Re-entry visa can be viewed on the Saudi Government website: www.passportevisa.com. Please bear in mind that the above information is subject to change without notice.
Visa-on-arrival into India
The Government Of India now offers Tourist Visas through Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) on arrival to nationals of Cambodia, Finland, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Luxembourg, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore and Vietnam.
The visa-on-arrival will be granted by immigration officers only at Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram airports. Such visas will be applicable for single entry with a maximum validity of 30 days.
- Available only for guests visiting India for tourism, medical purposes or a short business trip.
- Applicants must hold a passport with minimum 6 months validity, a confirmed return ticket, confirmed hotel reservations and two passport size photographs.
- Applicants must have sufficient funds for their stay in India.
- A visa fee of USD 60 per person will be charged.
- Visa-on-arrival will be granted only twice a year provided the interval between the visits is at least two months.
- The visa will be non-extendable and non-convertible.
- This facility is not applicable to holders of diplomatic or official passports.
- This facility is not available to nationals of the above named countries if the person themselves or their parents or grandparents are permanent residents of Pakistan.
Guests travelling from France to India and Nepal
Guests departing from France to India must be in possession of a valid visa and a return ticket (or an onward ticket departing India). The passport should be valid at least 6 months beyond the date of return travel. Guests holding one-way tickets will not be allowed to board in Paris.
Guests travelling between France and Nepal will not require an Indian visa if they are transiting in Mumbai (BOM). However an Indian visa is mandatory if the journey contains a second city within India (for example; Kathmandu-Delhi-Mumbai-Paris).
Documents required for travel to Nepal
Guests travelling to Nepal are requested to carry identification documents such as a valid voter ID card (original) or a valid passport, while travelling to Nepal.
Documents such as an Aadhar card, PAN Card, Expired Passport, photocopy of a valid passport / voter ID card and driving license, will not be accepted by the immigration authorities at Delhi Airport.
Note: Visa requirements - We request all guests to contact their travel agents for any queries pertaining to Visa requirements.